Hi All!
I hope everyone is doing much better than I am on day 10 of New Years Resolutions. My healthy eating ended yesterday when I got all off on my eating schedule and ended up having tortilla (something like a potato omelet) and chorizo around 6:30 as lunch/extremely early tapas, an apple tart from my local bakery, and then pizza and the most delicious cheesy garlic bread rolls from telepizza. Everything was obviously delicious, but probably not put into the healthy food category.
Things are going well in Coruña, and going back to the University today definitely has gotten me back into the swing of things. As of now everyone is back except for Arinelli who'll be here tomorrow. Given that I was the first one back I spent a good amount of time with the family which was great. The highlight was definitely going to the Grandma's house outside of the city on Saturday. She's so nice, and made a delicious Paella. Kat, who lived with my family last year, and her boyfriend came too so it was a pretty large group at the table which made things fun. After we ate we ended up playing the spanish versions of the games B.S and asshole. Wow, I just realized that those both happen to be games named after swears, what are the chances. I'll reccomend Go Fish or Old Maid next time, you know, just to keep it clean.
The night before that I went out to dinner with the family, and their cousins which was tons of fun. I did have a bit of an epiphany though, which is that I may be developing multiple personality disorder. Believe me, as a Psychology major, and after taking the course Abnormal Pyschology, this is NOT a good thing. Let me clarify first though before I get too dramatic and start freaking people out. I would describe myself as a cautious person, and someone who likes to observe and listen to learn, but I don't think that I or any of my friends/family would call me quiet or introverted. The issue is that my listening, observing, and being cautious has caused me to become awfully quiet when it comes to Spanish. I'll speak in class, because that's where I'm used to using my Spanish, and in restaurants/stores when I need something, but I obviously came to Spain for a little more than that.
So that's my new New Years Resolution. To speak more Spanish. To speak it to whoever will listen and forever long they'll listen to me for. I don't always having much interesting to say, but I'll just have to become that annoying girl who rambles on about nothing. With a bad accent. And a handful of grammatical errors. I met a girl before Christmas who wants to do an English-Spanish language exchange, as in 1 week we speak and hour of English and the next and hour of Spanish. So hopefully that will work out, and be of mutual benefit for both of us!
In some lighter news, here are a couple observations that I made today:
1. I think there was a new bus driver this morning. I'm pretty sure to become certified you have to be able to throw someone out of their seat, or learn to not break before turns.
2. I saw a dog with one eye today
So that's what's going on in my life! Oh and another resolution: update the blog with more frequency!
No comments:
Post a Comment