So I remember listening to this song in the summer, and belting out the line "couldn't want to get going, but wasn't quite ready to leave" and absolutely loving it and connecting with it. I was so excited to go to Spain, but so scared at the same time. This song recently came up in my itunes, and listening to it now I have a completely different perspective. It's not just that one line that get's me, but all the lyrics.
It's a song about summer obviously, but also about home, being where you're comfortable, and not wanting to grow up and change. All things that I can definitely understand.
Hope you enjoy the song! Even if you've heard it before, take a moment for yourself. Close your eyes. Listen to it. Listen to the lyrics. We all need a break every now and then :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment