So I'm a little delayed on this blog post about my trip to the south of Spain. The truth is that this trip went so smoothly that I really can't think of any crazy stories like running through airports to catch planes, or weird hostel-mates. So I was kind of just pushing it off because I'm not quite sure how fun/interesting of a post this will be. However I have a pushy mom who sends me discreet texts asking when I'll be updating my blog. So here it is!
So I'm up in the pink Galicia, which is located all the way in the northwest corner and Andalucia is all the way down in the south. As I'm sure you can imagine, things are a little different on opposite sides of the country. Basically though, Andalucia is Spain through and through. It's the bullfighting, flamenco, sangria and tapas. If you want to get what you imagine is Spain, Andalucia is where you wanna be!
We started our trip in an old city called Granada. This was a trip planned out by our housing director, and paid for by Holy Cross. So all 6 of us here in Coruña were finally able to go on a trip together. We were lead by our housing director, and a woman that works with him. We naturally spent the entire trip speculating whether they're together or not. We're leaning towards a yes...
Anyways! I digress, we arrived in Granada late Wednesday night, and dropped off our things at the hotel. What a luxury to been in a hotel instead of a hostel. Who would have though that not sleeping in a bunkbed, and knowing all my roommates would be considered a luxury! After quickly freshening up, we went to get some food to eat. Our director's brother actually lives in Granada with his American wife, and 2 children, so he came with us to a good place to get food. The great thing about Andalucia is that with a drink you get free food, and tons of it! With one drink each we got a platter with a ham and cheese sandwich for each person, a huge pile of french fries, and some green olives.
OKAY. So...my deepest apologies but, I wrote a great blog full of pictures, when blogger.com decided to have issues and NOT save what I wrote after what you see above. I do get a little worried that this trip will become like the forgotten trip of the year, similar to our family trip to California when all of our film (pre-digital years) got exposed to light therefore leaving us with no pictures, but I honestly can not go and write the whole thing again. So instead, I will leave you with a link to see my pictures on facebook, for those of you who don't have facebook! Again, I'm so sorry, but a travel blog about Italy will be coming soon, and I'm sure some opinions on the end of this entire experience will be on there way as well.
Click here to look at my pictures from Grenada and Sevilla

No comments:
Post a Comment