Saturday, October 23, 2010

I'm going to start off this post with my customary "I'm sorry for the taking so long to update this." To be honest, I think the reason that I've been taking such long breaks in between posting is because I don't feel like I've had much exciting to talk about. I've been here for about a month and a half, and it's getting to the point where it just feels like I'm living here. This city is so small, and while there are still a lot of parts of it to explore, it's not something new and exciting and vacation-like. That being said, I want to make sure it is clear that I love this city, and falling in love more and more every day. There have been so many times recently where I'll just be walking around, looking around, and realizing how happy I am that I'm in Coruña. I'm so excited for my parents to come (less than a week!) and show them my home for the year. Although I might be a little biased, even Andy and Emily said that they like Coruña better than Leon. That's a pretty strong statement right there.
Things are going well though! I had a little rough patch a couple weeks ago, especially when I lost internet for a few days. At the time I honestly felt like I was going to be in that "patch" forever, but a week later, I was doing great. I think it helps to be busy with school now during the week. I also tutor 3 kids in English every Wednesday for 2.5 hours, so that's a nice way to kind of give back, while getting some money at the same time. My friend Nora and I are also going to do a language exchange with 2 students in our Social Psych class, so we speak English with them for 1 hour, and then the next week we speak Spanish. They both seem really cool, so hopefully it'll be a good way to get to know each other, with a mutual benefit of improving the languages that we want! I might also do something like that with an older woman, just meet once a week over coffee and talk in English. That one I'll get paid for, so that sounds pretty good to me!
So yeah, that's really about all I have, but I figured I'd post some recent pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment