Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fun Stuff

After that novel that I wrote earlier this week, I've decided to go to the other extreme. This is just a little stream of consciousness post that has a little bit of everything, in a pretty concise manner!

Things that Spain love and Hate
Love: Rotaries, yogurt (especially activia), parks, playscapes, mullets, dreadlocks, genie pants, red pants, winding roads through mountains, pork, fried meat, wine, bread, gummy candy

Hate: Street signs, refrigerated milk, salad dressing, granola bars, peanut butter, paper towels, air conditioning, iced beverages, pizza, red meat, opening stores on Sundays

A Few Memories

- Extremely attractive, but probably not the nicest "professor" Felipe
- Singing and dancing to we're off to see the wizard with Emily, Andy, and James
- Four in a row, linked arms with the same people above
- Drew and I chatting with 2 spanish boys on our way home
- Learning that school here costs about $4,000 a year
- Eating at Café Iruña
- Learning new ways to throw a frisbee, also learning that I'm actually pretttty good at it
- Meeting a 9 year old by from Morroco who moved to Spain 4 weeks ago, yet has learned to speak Spanish almost as well as us from watching TV
- Listening to James play the guitar while sitting on their porch drinking wine and eating Tortilla Española (like a quiche with potatoes)

Tomorrow (or today, in about 9 hrs) I leave for Coruña, where I'll be for the next 9 months. I'm anxious, nervous, sad, happy, excited... I'm basically feeling every emotion possible right now. I've made some great friends here, that I probably wouldn't have gotten to known had we all stayed at Holy Cross, so I'll be sad to leave them. I'm so excited to get to Coruña though, see this beautiful city, and meet my family that has only been described with words such as "amazing" "the best" and "so loving". Well I'm off to bed, next post will be after a 10 hour train ride, when I'm in my bedroom in La Coruña.

Spanish word of the day: besos --> kisses, also a casual, yet not romantic way of saying goodbye in a letter.

¡Besos!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the rest of your stay in Spain is as wonderful as it has been so far! By the way, why is James' middle name "Speedy"?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete